I feel it's been a while since the last time I did a DIY post. As anyone who follows my blog knows, I'm crafter enthusiast to the point where I'm
starting to taking over the boyfriends flat; the boyfriend ends up finding things randomly disputed in the oddest places. The boyfriend often rebukes me for my scatterbrained and chaotic organisation. I completely respect his point, but it's hard breaking habits.
So, I've been looking for a box to store my expanding sewing pattern collection. I found one a storage box on sale for 50p from Wilko's
- I painted a thin layer inside of the box and applied a second coat. The paint dried quickly. I used a Wilkinson's emulsion plum, I love the vibrant colour for the interior of the box.
- I wanted to create a contrast between the interior and exterior; I opted to glue wallpaper (from Wilko's) to the lid, not surprisingly from Wilko's. I cut the wallpaper to size but left some margin to neaten the edges, andI applied PVC glue over the box and I slowly applied the wallpaper over the box .
- Once the glue dried to neaten the edges I used a retractable Stanley knife to cut the edges off, and black tape to neaten the edges on the inside of the box lid.
- On the bottom of the box edge, I used black duct tape and pattern edging tape to neaten the edges.
A close up of the tape used
- I used duct tape to neaten the edges of the lid where the wallpaper edges were glued. My first attempt failed, the tape highlighted the unneatened edge of the paper. I placed a pattern piece of tape to disguise messy edges.